Any Other Photo {Fran and John}

Today’s AOP from Fran is such a sweet story – I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a lovelier, more thoughtful father-in-law! And then Fran’s own dad… What a special moment to have captured and to be able to treasure forever.

I love this one.

Picking a single image to sum up my wedding day felt like an insurmountable task. Our photographer took close to 500 images of the day, and I love every single one. For a while afterwards, her blog post featuring our wedding was the only blog I read (sorry AOW… to be fair I hadn’t discovered you yet!)… and I read it over… and over… and over…

Then, last week, my husband and I sat down to edit our homemade wedding video. We didn’t have anything fancy like a videographer, just a few small hand-held video cameras placed strategically around the church service and the speeches. It wasn’t even something that John or I had decided to do; my father-in-law, completely without us asking, thought it would be a good idea and took charge of it. In hindsight, he gave us one of the most special presents of the day

Here is that still shot from the video.

The image shows my dad winking at me as we reached the top of the aisle. For me, it is such a touching and special moment, a moment that didn’t go unnoticed at the time but might have been lost in such an overwhelming day if it hadn’t been for this film.

I could easily have picked any one of the hundreds and hundreds of gorgeous photographs from our photographer for Any Other Photo, or even from the hundreds more that friends and family sent us after the day. But this video took me right back to the moment that we were standing at the top of the aisle, about to become husband and wife. As well as bringing home just how much love and support both of our families gave us to get us there.

(Sorry Dad and John… I realise it isn’t the most flattering photo of any of us!)”

Categories: Any Other Photo

1. Katielase
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 8:18 am | Permalink

Absolutely love this! Love that your Father-in-Law allowed you to capture this amazing moment with your Dad. Just wonderful.

Also badly want to see the whole video now *nosy face*

KL xx

• fbird
      Posted January 24, 2014 at 1:04 pm | Permalink

Thanks KL… bit of a wild card but I just love it. x

2. Posted January 24, 2014 at 8:24 am | Permalink

Obviously would like to see the video, but would settle for the link to your photographer’s write-up plzthnx.

3. fbird
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 8:56 am | Permalink

Haha I said to KL earlier in the week on twitter, will never get bored of sharing our formal photos either! http://www.victoriaphippsphotography.co.uk/2013/07/10/a-pretty-may-wedding-at-home-francesca-john/ for those who want to see them :)

It was just SO lovely to see the service back again on video, six months later – really bought it all back!

x

4. Siobhan
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 1:30 pm | Permalink

This is such a nice thing for him to do and such a lovely moment too.

5. Posted January 24, 2014 at 6:40 pm | Permalink