Any other photo {Mr and Mrs Valentine}

Today’s AOP is a an insanely happy one. ‘Stupid, huge grins’, ‘grinning like a loon’ and ‘radiating love’ all feature – I defy you to not be giddy with joy by the end of it.

Thank you so much to Laura, over to her now -

I really struggled to pick my AOP, but chose this one because, it sums up exactly how I was feeling at that very moment.

We got married at the end of August 2012, do you guys remember August? It rained a lot…in fact the week before there was what can only be described as a monsoon, so when I awoke in the morning, I nearly fell over when I opened the curtains and it was glorious, glorious sunshine. Our beautiful wedding venue, had the option of being married outside in the garden, by the stream and because of the weather I hadn’t allowed myself to really want it, but that day, as I pulled up in the car my bridesmaids squealed at me, “you’re getting married outside!” and a stupid, huge grin spread across my face.

This picture shows the moment, I turned the corner to see all my gorgeous wedding guests seated on the lawn, I could already feel the love radiating out towards me. Nobody prepares you or that amazing feeling. It’s ace. I’m smiling because I’ve just clocked my husband smiling like a loon at me and laughing because my brilliant Dad was saying “wouldn’t it be embarrassing if we fell over now?” and he’s smirking and my friend is smiling and I honestly look like my face is open to burst I was so happy, and excited. Any nerves I had had already melted away and I felt very present, very aware in that moment.

Categories: Any Other Photo

1. Posted November 1, 2013 at 8:36 am | Permalink

Lovely!! Laura’s Dad’s comment is exactly the kind of thing my Dad would say :) xx

2. Liz
    Posted November 1, 2013 at 8:55 am | Permalink

All the smiles over here!

3. Posted November 1, 2013 at 9:08 am | Permalink

Sitting on the train getting funny looks as the stupid grin has made a comeback. (Is too much smiling bad for you?…Surely not!) Thanks ladies. So very happy. You’re all full of AWESOMENESS.

4. Frankie
    Posted November 1, 2013 at 9:26 am | Permalink

Oh I love this! What a perfect photo capturing a beautiful memory!

5. Posted November 1, 2013 at 10:55 am | Permalink

I do love a dad comment – and so glad that the weather was good for you!

6. Alison
    Posted November 1, 2013 at 1:05 pm | Permalink

Aww this is lovely. And is exactly the sort of thing my dad would say if we hadn’t been in such a small room getting married! You look so so happy, just as a bride should be!

7. Katielase
    Posted November 1, 2013 at 2:19 pm | Permalink

Love love love this! That moment, the seeing all the joy on peoples faces, that was one of my favourite moments. Perfectly captured.

KL xx

8. Fran M
    Posted November 2, 2013 at 10:20 am | Permalink

Love everything about this – the light is gorgeous, as is your grin, the flowers and even that lovely (coordinated) blue window frame :)

9. Posted November 2, 2013 at 10:03 pm | Permalink

Thanks so much everyone! My Dad is a lovely one. You’re right Katielase, it was a favourite moment of mine too. Fran -I loved those window frames so much I can’t even begin to tell you!