Any Other Photo {Mr and Mrs Sharman}

Suze and her husband sound like the kind of couple that everyone will want to be friends with. Suze’s AOP doesn’t even show her actual wedding and yet I WISH I’d been there with my heart, so bloody brilliant does it sound.

Readers, I have for you today an AOP full of love and laughter and flat-out JOY. What more could you  want on a rainy Friday?

My husband and I got married on September 21st, 2013 – two days after our ten year anniversary. In that decade we’ve grown up together and weathered new jobs, new houses and a whole lot of fun.

It feels like six months, not ten years.

Our wedding day was planned in nine months with some firm  guidelines: the wedding colours were teal and grey, our guests were not paying for alcohol at the bar and it had to be all us. We pulled it off with the help of some wonderful people as well as a heck of a lot of hard work, especially in the last fortnight.

We had a brilliant photographer and there are hundreds of amazing photos I was going to choose, showing our fantastic threads and beautiful friends. The favours we had made which were printed pint glasses with our actual faces on, tastefully transformed by our super talented designer friend.

But this one. This one was taken by our chief bridesmaid the day after the wedding, after our friends and family had packed up everything from the wedding into their assorted vehicles and drove it all back to ours. This is us, cajoled into doing the ‘over the threshold’ thing by our giggling friends and family. We are unwashed, having not had time to have a shower and we’re also accidentally wearing the same colour of t-shirt despite packing separately, two days prior.

It sums us up. A bit silly and with a whole lot of lovin’.

And if you look closely, you can see my awesome custom-made Converse with ‘Mrs Sharman’ embroidered on them.

Categories: Any Other Photo

1. Posted October 18, 2013 at 8:32 am | Permalink

This is an awesome take on AOP – I love the silliness and the love totally radiates from the picture. A great start to a Friday :) xx

2. Alison
    Posted October 18, 2013 at 8:33 am | Permalink

Aww this is brilliant! Such a happy photo even though we can’t really see your face! My husband carried me over the threshold fireman’s lift style-I am forever grateful there is no photo of that even though it was hilarious!!!

3. Anon
    Posted October 18, 2013 at 8:39 am | Permalink

This is ace :)
    And I have serious customised-shoe envy!

4. Fran M
    Posted October 18, 2013 at 8:46 am | Permalink

This reminds me of the pure euphoria and giggly exhaustion of the day after our wedding. You can’t ignore that joy!

5. Posted October 18, 2013 at 9:21 am | Permalink

In love with the face!
    Awesome photo, and sounds like an awesome wedding.

6. PiriyaP
    Posted October 18, 2013 at 9:31 am | Permalink

So much fun and love. And your house looks lovely!

7. Posted October 18, 2013 at 9:42 am | Permalink

OK so I’m completely and utterly loving everything about this BUT it has made me desperate to see some wedding photos! You cannot deprive us!

8. Lisa Page
    Posted October 18, 2013 at 10:56 am | Permalink

Love these guys. Great article.

9. LottieS
    Posted October 18, 2013 at 2:32 pm | Permalink

This photo is wonderful. It’s real, full of love and so much fun.

10. Posted October 18, 2013 at 3:09 pm | Permalink

This is so brilliant and joyful and perfect. YES TO LOVE

11. Anita
    Posted October 18, 2013 at 5:58 pm | Permalink

I have customised Converse and they are like my favourite thing EVER EVER EVER.

12. @KeyserSuze
    Posted October 21, 2013 at 1:15 pm | Permalink

Thanks to AOW for posting this and thanks to all of you lovely lovelies for the comments! Joyful indeed – happy Monday! xx