Any Other Photo {Geoff and E}

This AOP follows on so beautifully from Carly’s Post Of Wonder on Wednesday, you’d think we meant for the scheduling to work out this way. But nay, no such forethought.

Geoff’s love for E and his absolute, unquestionable belief in her excellence – even, and especially, when she doesn’t see it herself makes my heart hurt. And he writes about her so thoughtfully and fully – with everything he has – that I get a bit weepy. Until the penguin. Then I just grin.

Geoff and E, I think you’re both pretty bloody marvellous and very, very lucky to have one another. Also, I need to know what the penguin is called, plsthx.

Ok. To most people this will just appear to be a posed photograph of a toy baby penguin enjoying the title sequence of the popular comedy show ‘How I Met Your Mother’. To some more abstract readers it could even be a metaphor for the simplification of comedy to suit the masses, perhaps even penguins – but we won’t go into that right now. This image, to me, holds a far greater meaning. It was only a few days ago that I received this particular photo from my girlfriend, who for the sake of not embarrassing her (or indeed exposing her need to create wonderful abstract photographic imagery) I shall not name. I will say this however – it was not too long ago that she had an article published here, on this very site! Within said article, she talked about her self-assurance and her desire to be a more confident woman. Since the article, she has achieved so much. Too much to put into a short article. Too much to put into words. I have watched her grow and become more comfortable, more confident and most of all, more herself.

That’s where this photo comes in. As she develops into a more self-assured, wonderful young woman, more and more little nuggets of silliness emerge in the form of photos, words and so much more. This little penguin (still to be named, as far as I know) watching ‘comedy’ (couldn’t resist) symbolises one of the many incredible things I see in her every single day. What is even more wonderful, is that I know that as she grows and develops even more, these little pieces of her will never change.

Categories: Any Other Photo

1. ChirstyMac
    Posted September 20, 2013 at 8:23 am | Permalink

Arrrrgh, this is soooo fab:)
    I want a Geoff in my life!
    And a penguin that shares my online viewing tastes. None of my penguins do….

2. Posted September 20, 2013 at 8:31 am | Permalink

This is so lovely!! Geoff and E sound perfect for each other.

I want to hear more from the men on Any Other Photo, this has made me start my day with a big smile :)

xx

3. Posted September 20, 2013 at 9:35 am | Permalink

*sniff*

So lovely. It’s an amazing thing when people relax and let their silly side show. It’s my absolute favourite. xx

4. Posted September 20, 2013 at 9:50 am | Permalink

awwww Hurrah for Geoff!

I love this new non-wedding AOP allowance :)

x

5. Posted September 20, 2013 at 9:57 am | Permalink

Ah this is lovely. It’s so nice to hear about the positive changes to someone’s confidence from someone that loves them!

6. Posted September 20, 2013 at 10:11 am | Permalink

Aah this is so awesome! My husband and I have always said that sillyness is massively important as it just stops everyone taking themselves too seriously. Brilliant post.

7. Posted September 20, 2013 at 10:34 am | Permalink

This is just lovely, and Geoff, you write so beautifully. I hope that after this E can see herself through your eyes, and see how special she is.

Wishing you both whole heaps of joy. And penguins.

KL x

8. Merida / Hobo Mummy
    Posted September 20, 2013 at 1:01 pm | Permalink

So very lovely.
    You are loved E…… X

9. Posted September 20, 2013 at 2:19 pm | Permalink

aww this is lovely! both that E is growing in confidence and that Geoff has noticed and written this.