Weekend Wonderings {Morwenna and Andy}

Lots of you, I’m sure, will be familiar with the ‘moment of calm’ feeling that Morwenna so beautifully describes in her AOP. That little bubble of time where it’s just your and your beloved and ‘OHMIGOD WE DID IT!’ Morwenna and Andy are lucky enough to have had that moment captured in such a stunning fashion – I full on yelped for joy when I received this submission.

And doen’t it make you want to see more?! The backdrop, the dress, the hair, the super stylin’ groom… (what? what do you mean I can’t get away with saying ‘super stylin”? Pfft.)

Happy glorious Friday, readers…

Gosh, it is so difficult to choose one photograph that summed up our day, but this one really stood out for me.

We had a beautiful Somerset country wedding at my family home in June, and it truly was the most fabulous day. I loved every minute of it.

It had been a very busy 18 months leading up to our wedding – we had got engaged, moved city, started new jobs and bought a house all in a very short space of time – and we couldn’t have planned and organised such a lovely day without my incredible Mum who worked so hard to make it so wonderful.

This picture was taken just after we had all enjoyed a delicious afternoon tea in the garden. It was a moment of calm when it was just the two of us together. All our guests had been ushered into the marquee in the old goat’s paddock, and we were waiting for everyone to be seated before making our entrance.

I think it was the first time I felt really truly relaxed for months. The weather was stunning, I was so happy, and we were overlooking the beautiful Blackdown Hills where I had spent my childhood. My lovely new husband said something to make me laugh, and I just remember thinking how lucky I was to be married to him, and how lucky I was to have such an awesome family. Just behind me, my mum had hung up the most stunning personalised bunting telling the story of how we had met, and in front of us she had put down a red carpet leading to the marquee….such sweet little touches that were such a surprise.

Our moment together on our own didn’t last long. My brother, who did a great job as Master of Ceremonies, summoned us into the marquee where we were met with applause, cheers and lots of smiles. We took our seats among all our friends and family, and the wedding craziness continued in a haze of loveliness.

Categories: Any Other Photo

1. Posted July 19, 2013 at 7:06 am | Permalink

Is it just me that can’t see the photo?! Because the write-up was SO GOOD that I desperately NEED the photo now!

KL x

2. Carly
    Posted July 19, 2013 at 7:16 am | Permalink

Ditto! X

3. Becca
    Posted July 19, 2013 at 7:18 am | Permalink

Omg me three. Hurry

4. Posted July 19, 2013 at 7:42 am | Permalink

*i predict a riot* photo! PHOTO! PHOTO!

5. Anon
    Posted July 19, 2013 at 8:02 am | Permalink

What do we want?
    AOP!
    When do we want it?
    ASAP!

• Posted July 19, 2013 at 9:23 am | Permalink

Sorrrrrrry about the wait, folks…technical hitch which is now resolved. Twitter has been going NUTS over this AOP…so we hopw you agree it was worht the agony of waiting….

6. Posted July 19, 2013 at 9:08 am | Permalink

Sorry Morwenna but this won’t do- no way can you just give us this! I need more. Your dress is ahhhhmazing! And the beautiful flowers in your hair and the groom and the lace sleeves. I want the whole wedding please! Please. AOW please make her blog the whole wedding. Thank you. Please. Thank you.

• Posted July 19, 2013 at 10:31 am | Permalink

Yes, the dress, the flowers, the lace, I can’t stop drooling and it’s just a peek :) I second the motion.

7. Posted July 19, 2013 at 9:09 am | Permalink

Ohhhhh your waist and that dress. Massive wedding envy.

8. Posted July 19, 2013 at 9:10 am | Permalink

I love this so MUCH! Everything is stunning and it looks so like a moment that is about the two of you. And it looks like you are having FUN, which is just brilliant! xx

9. Posted July 19, 2013 at 9:45 am | Permalink

Oh my GOD, it’s better than I imagined. So beautiful. I feel like I was there in that moment.

And I’m going to need to see more of this wedding. In fact, ALL OF IT.

KL x

10. Fiona
    Posted July 19, 2013 at 9:59 am | Permalink

Beautiful! Beautiful photo, beautiful write-up… I second calls for the whole wedding to be blogged (if only for more photos of that phenomenal dress!)

11. Lee-Anne
    Posted July 19, 2013 at 10:01 am | Permalink

Amazing photo. We need more details x

12. Posted July 19, 2013 at 10:32 am | Permalink

Such a perfect intimate moment :)

13. Morwenna
    Posted July 19, 2013 at 11:56 am | Permalink

Aw, thank you all for your very lovely comments – I have been sneakily reading them between my consults this morning! X

14. Pippa
    Posted July 19, 2013 at 10:15 pm | Permalink

Mo! Wow, amazing to see you on here, I didn’t realise you read this blog!

I’ve seen the rest of the photos from this wedding (my family and Morwenna’s are old family friends so my parents were there) – they are all absolutely gorgeous!

• Posted July 20, 2013 at 9:27 am | Permalink

breaks into song…. it’s a small worrrrld after alllll

15. Morwenna