International Women’s Day: Heels and Endless Possibilities

Mahj thought long and hard about what being a woman means to her.    And ultimately, came up with this.  I don’t think any of us can argue with it in its simplicity, in its truth.  This is what you want to read when life’s getting you down.  This.  We’ll all be quoting it as “Mahj circa ’13″ :

Being a woman to me means Choices. Freedom. Honesty. Respect. Challenges. Endless Possibilities.

And the ability to wear an awesome pair of heels.

Categories: International Women's Day

1. Posted March 8, 2013 at 11:04 am | Permalink

Brilliant, as ever Mahj!

Although to be fair, I cannot walk in heels. In fact, I know a man who wears them far better than I. I do have some awesome shoes anyway, though! :-D

2. Rach M
    Posted March 8, 2013 at 11:08 am | Permalink

Neither can I Katie! I’m like a newborn goal in them. But brilliant quote Mahj xx

3. Rach M
    Posted March 8, 2013 at 11:08 am | Permalink

Foal! Ffs, iPhone.

4. Posted March 8, 2013 at 11:09 am | Permalink

I can’t wear heels. As I said to Olive Dragonfly Bex the other day I think we should all stop complimenting high heels and each other’s legs in them and then maybe we wouldn’t think they looked better and we could all just be COMFORTABLE all the time in flats with sensible soles.

I wore heels to AOWHD for the first time in ages and it caned.

I repect your love of high heels though. I promise.

• Posted March 8, 2013 at 11:11 am | Permalink

You should have worn BALLET flats then shouldn’t you! :)

• Posted March 8, 2013 at 11:16 am | Permalink

Then we repalce the word “heels” with “shoes” in Mahj’s quote….it’s hard to feel liberated when you’re wandering around like a drunken sailor with cramped calves!

5. Posted March 8, 2013 at 11:10 am | Permalink

Love you Mahj!

6. Posted March 8, 2013 at 11:14 am | Permalink

This is great Mahj – inspiration with a touch of glamour!

P.s. I found the answer to my heel dilemma. Wedges!

7. Posted March 8, 2013 at 11:17 am | Permalink

I do love heels but they usually stay firmly in my bag until I get to where I’m going. I value my ability to run for trains and to walk at a speed that doesn’t annoy me…

8. Mahj
    Posted March 8, 2013 at 11:18 am | Permalink

Eeek, think the wearing heels should possibly have been amended to “and the ability to wear an awesome pair of shoes”!

xoxo

• Posted March 8, 2013 at 11:26 am | Permalink

ha!! It’s OK for people with co-ordination and strength in their calves.

• Posted March 8, 2013 at 11:28 am | Permalink

And balance *wobbles*

I do still LOVE heels though, despite functioning much like Bambi on Ice in them

• Posted March 8, 2013 at 11:28 am | Permalink

But Mahj this is what being a woman means to YOU and you do rock awesome heels! I am envious of your ability and your pink pair of wonders!

• Posted March 8, 2013 at 11:43 am | Permalink

exactly!! I really wasn’t trying to take away from that,

I just have MASSIVE FEET

• Posted March 8, 2013 at 11:51 am | Permalink

I’m still in awe of Mahj’s ability to WALK HOME after a night out in the pink Blen shoes of wonder. This is why I love IWD, it’s what being a woman means to YOU, not to everyone. And this is so you, Mahj, it’s bloody perfect. And it makes me want to jump with joy. And go shoe shopping.

9. Posted March 8, 2013 at 11:22 am | Permalink

I love this. Thank you!

10. Posted March 8, 2013 at 11:50 am | Permalink

Would it be bad if I said my proudest accomplishment recently was running down a hill with those red heels I wore to Any Other Hen Do without breaking my ankle? Yeah, I probably need to get out more…

Anyway, Mahj, I love this!

11. Posted March 8, 2013 at 11:55 am | Permalink

I have lost my ability to wear heels as I’ve got older. Apparently what being a woman means to me is having pathetic feet :(

12. Roz
    Posted March 8, 2013 at 11:56 am | Permalink

Couldn’t have put it better myself doll ;) xx

13. Yanthé
    Posted March 8, 2013 at 1:47 pm | Permalink

Brilliant. Everything about today is just BRILLIANT!

14. Posted March 8, 2013 at 2:48 pm | Permalink

Mahj, you are so wise. also you should probably give us all a master class in ‘how to walk in heels’.

15. Posted March 8, 2013 at 11:22 pm | Permalink

Mahjy B= kick-ass with a side order of chic.

Not being able to walk in heels has not prevented me from owning many, many pairs.

16. Posted March 9, 2013 at 8:14 pm | Permalink

Love it mahj, couldn’t have put it any better!