Weekend Wonderings

You know that person who you never know what to buy as a gift for? Or that couple whose wedding you are going to who you want to buy something different for?

Stop browsing right now. STOP I TELL YOU.

Because I have the answer. (Via Laura)

Buy them one of these prints:

Or any of the other glorious prints that they have. I’m looking longingly at the utterly beautiful C is for Charm of Finches¬†and the wonderfully titled E is for an Embarrassment of Pandas

Show me someone who doesn’t love a good collective noun? A beautifully illustrated collective noun print. A beautifully illustrated collective noun with your initial on. It surely cannot be any better than this?

So there you have it – with that and Mr B’s reading spa, your presents are sorted for life. You’re welcome.

Categories: Weekend Wonderings

1. Posted January 26, 2013 at 7:16 am | Permalink

You are indeed, very welcome.

I can’t wait to move house. Have a feeling my study will house a fair few of these, especially a Bouquet of Hummingbirds. It’s just perfect!

There’s not just animals, A Congeries of Wizards for any potter fans?

x

2. Alex
    Posted January 26, 2013 at 7:46 am | Permalink

I want them all! These are sooo amazing! E is an Embarassement of Pandas = swoon!
    I love the idea of a gift for a soon to be born baby :) Thank you!

3. Posted January 26, 2013 at 8:05 am | Permalink

Flamingos. We do love a stand of flamingos. We have our own collection of photos with flamingos in zoos all over the place, and these wall stickers will soon be in our walls. We got them long ago in Habitat (Barcelona) when we were dating but knew we would one day live together.
    I need that flamingo stand print.

4. Posted January 26, 2013 at 8:11 am | Permalink

Penny! They do a unicorns one!

5. Laura
    Posted January 26, 2013 at 8:17 am | Permalink

Totes lush. The hedgehog one’s super-cute. Ifact, they’re all lush. I like all the geeky and slightly 70s looking constellations ones, too.

6. Laura
    Posted January 26, 2013 at 8:18 am | Permalink

*IN fact

7. Posted January 26, 2013 at 9:18 am | Permalink

I adore these. Would it be wrong to choose my child’s name around the poster I like…?

8. Lottie
    Posted January 26, 2013 at 12:22 pm | Permalink

Gorgeous. Going to spend my day deciding which one (or two, or three) I will buy. Current frontrunner: A comfor t of cats . :)

My favourite collective noun:

A consortium of Octopi :) )

9. Jen G
    Posted January 26, 2013 at 5:31 pm | Permalink

“An implausibility of gnus”?! Love it!

10. KateG
    Posted January 28, 2013 at 12:21 am | Permalink

Genius! I think I just found my first anniversart … ha ha…anniversary present … they are paper after all. Any excuse.

*Intrigue of kittens* :)

11. Amanda M
    Posted January 28, 2013 at 4:09 pm | Permalink

LOVE collective nouns. Must instantly stop work and go and look at this.