Any Other Photo {Caroline and Alex}

The first AOP of 2013 is here people, and it’s a good one. For one, it’s actually taken by one of our longest followers, and all round lovely person, Fee Hatcher (that gives it huge bonus points, before you’ve even seen it, no?)

Secondly, it’s what AOP is all about. It’s the photo that Caroline keeps going back to, despite it not being a pro one, or even taken on a camera. It captures a moment. A moment that means something to Caroline, and that’s what matters.

Thirdly, well, just look at it. It’s a huge, sloppy, full on ‘I-bloody-love-you’ snog. What more could you ask for from an AOP?

This picture doesn’t have a tear inducing back story, there is no shared in-joke or amusing story that makes this picture my favourite, it is, after all, only taken using an iPhone so it isn’t even the best quality photo we have, it is my favourite photo just because it is. This was the very first photo sent to me the day after my wedding by the lovely Fee, and I have been head over heels in love with it ever since.

I love how handsome my husband looks in his waistcoat (men in waistcoats always make me swoon!), I love the candles in the background, I love that this is one of the only photos of our first dance where you can’t see my brother standing awkwardly in the corner, playing DJ, I even love the teeny picture to the right of the shot of Alex in a mankini that the best man passed around during his speech. But most of all I love how this looks like a posed Hollywood film shot when in fact it is just me kissing my husband during our first dance because I want to. After saying our vows and hearing the usual “you may kiss the bride” Alex gave me the daintiest peck, not what I would deem an acceptable first marital kiss. He told me afterwards that he didn’t want to ruin my lipstick! So by this point in the evening, a 3 course dinner, 2 large glasses of wine and 1 glass of champagne later I thought my lipstick couldn’t possibly be still in place so here it is, the first “proper” kiss as man and wife. Well there you go, turns out I did have an amusing story after all!

Photo credit to Fiona Hatcher.

Categories: Any Other Photo

1. Posted January 4, 2013 at 7:34 am | Permalink

Love it! :)

2. Posted January 4, 2013 at 8:19 am | Permalink

I’m famous!

It was such a wonderful day. If only I hadn’t been such a drunken buffoon! Ah well, at least this photo redeems me somewhat.

3. Posted January 4, 2013 at 8:24 am | Permalink

Nice work Fee! Love it, your dress is gorgeous Caroline. X

4. Posted January 4, 2013 at 10:32 am | Permalink

Love this :)

5. Posted January 4, 2013 at 3:28 pm | Permalink

This is ace – a happy Friday photo! Also loving the dress, hair flower, candles in venue, waistcoat etc etc etc!

6. Rachel
    Posted January 4, 2013 at 5:36 pm | Permalink

I really don’t usually post (long time reader, fully inspired AOW lover) but Caroline…..I think we may just be dress twins! This excites me more than anything else as I *loved* my dress and I would wear it every day if I could get into it myself (the Husband doesn’t really fancy a 2 hour dress-the-wife task every morning) and I really love the thought of you loving it as much as I do :)

Lots of love there! Gorgeous photo, happy happy happy :)

• Posted January 5, 2013 at 9:59 pm | Permalink

The dress was Jasmine (I think!) I love it if we were dress twins!!
      It is now so dirty, I must have it dry cleaned – I feel bad for neglecting it!

• Rachel
        Posted January 7, 2013 at 2:19 pm | Permalink

No idea what mine was darling, allegedly the lady in the shop “designed and made it herself” but I always suspected that was a bit of a lie! Lush though, twins in design anyway!! Mine is still hanging up in the bedroom waiting to be cleaned, do any newly weds actually have the motivation to do this sort of thing? I like to think not!
        x

7. Posted January 4, 2013 at 8:05 pm | Permalink

I would like to be on AOW every day please! It makes me feel special!
    Xx

8. Posted January 4, 2013 at 8:06 pm | Permalink

And thank you all for saying nice things – makes me feel even more special!