Any Other Photo {Merida and Tom}

This Any Other Photo makes me laugh, every single time.  The photo (taken by Hamish Jordan at Eternal Imaging) is beautiful.  It’s not the photo that makes me laugh.  It’s the story behind it.  It’s  so unexpected.  It’s a tribute to the three men who made  all this possible, but really, an insight into a marriage, one which cuts right to the heart of the matter, one that doesn’t hide behind words.  Show me a person who doesn’t want to be told this, and I show you someone made of stone.  Over to you, Merida:

I spent far too long looking for my AOP. I had hoped that one would just pop out at me which would have me looking beautiful whilst getting a full length shot of my dress, au natural of course……..but this is the one that I kept coming back to. All you can see is my triple chin and the 3 wonderful men in my life, who made everything possible.

This picture just sends me back to those minutes when I came through those church doors. My heart was in my mouth, and I could barely breathe with excitement; my face hurt with all the emotion going on in it. The church was packed and as cliched as it sounds I have never felt so loved in all my life or overwhelmed with joy, it was like everyone was rooting for us. I could see all these faces beaming out, and hopefully a few gasps but I do believe I edited that for my own suped up memory! All the while my brain is screaming “Take it all in, take it all in!”

Looking through the photos my darling Dad had his head dipped down from the moment he got though the door. He denies it but there were definite telltale red crybaby eyes, and this AOP was the first picture the photographer got of my Dad smiling. I think he was so relived to of got down the aisle without tripping or crying, his smile literally burst. My Father-in-Law (Toms Best Man!) beaming as we arrived and there, the star of my show, Tom. My soon to be Husband. I could not of been prouder, happier or thankful.

And what caused those three chins? Aside from the outpour of emotion it was Tom, of course. Never one to mince his words or romanticise a moment I got, “You look the absolute bollocks Bec” and then a little nod “We’ll done babe…..”

What? This old thing……???! Just something I threw on…….

Categories: Any Other Photo

1. Posted January 25, 2013 at 7:50 am | Permalink

*stands up and claps*

Literally. You do indeed look the bollocks.

Great angle from the photographer!

2. Posted January 25, 2013 at 7:52 am | Permalink

This isn’t going to be very coherent but reading this AOP makes me want to get married to the same man again. So although we say it’s just one day why such a big, huge, huge thing it’s for these wonderful emotions & moments that we invest so much in it? This has warmed me on a cold Friday.

• Laura
      Posted January 25, 2013 at 5:36 pm | Permalink

Rachel, you are spot on. As usual.

3. Posted January 25, 2013 at 9:05 am | Permalink

Ohhhh I love this and it really made me laugh! You look gorgeous Becci and such a happy photo.

4. Posted January 25, 2013 at 9:07 am | Permalink

Brilliant!

5. Posted January 25, 2013 at 9:13 am | Permalink

He said it because it’s clearly true :-D Such a happy photo – you are surrounded by smiling people and yet the photographer has captured a moment where you are in your own excited couply world. Beautiful!

6. Clare
    Posted January 25, 2013 at 9:16 am | Permalink

I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one who’d love to see a picture of you in all your glory in the dress Becci…send it over to me, and I’ll pop it up on Facebook for all to see! Glorious AOP! Xx

7. Posted January 25, 2013 at 9:28 am | Permalink

This is fab!!
    Lovely story and the look of sheer adoration in your man’s eyes is beautiful.
    Chins, schmins, you DEF look the bollocks! :D
    x

8. Lee-Anne
    Posted January 25, 2013 at 9:40 am | Permalink

What a lovely photo x

9. PiriyaP
    Posted January 25, 2013 at 10:37 am | Permalink

Becci, this is a gorgeous photo. You and your husband look so happy and loved up. Second the call for the dress-in-its-fully-glory photo, the top looks gorgeous. I do love a shoulder-covering white dress, so elegant!

10. Posted January 25, 2013 at 10:44 am | Permalink

I love this photo – so much joy!

11. Posted January 25, 2013 at 11:52 am | Permalink

That’s hilarious, I love this photo and the story behind it. Thanks for sharing xx

12. Kandra
    Posted January 25, 2013 at 11:55 am | Permalink

so Lovely!

13. Posted January 25, 2013 at 12:40 pm | Permalink

Your husband sounds like an absolute legend!

14. Jess F
    Posted January 25, 2013 at 1:05 pm | Permalink

Lovely photo- and lovely words! Would love to have a look at the full length dress shot- I imagine it is stunning.

15. Amanda M
    Posted January 25, 2013 at 1:23 pm | Permalink

Psheu (that’s an (elegant) snort) don’t give me that chins business: you look great and I only see the one lovely chin.

I think it’s a perfect AOP – I need to find mine and it’s really hard!

16. Zan
    Posted January 25, 2013 at 1:46 pm | Permalink

This is fab! A great picture Becci and a lovely write-up :)

17. Flick
    Posted January 25, 2013 at 6:01 pm | Permalink

He had his father as his best man? That’s so so lovely!

Beautiful photo.

18. Jojo
    Posted January 25, 2013 at 9:32 pm | Permalink

Amazing! I’m grinning from ear to ear myself. You look blissfully happy as do the boys in your life what a great moment captured for all time. Bring on the full length dress shot :)

19. penny
    Posted January 25, 2013 at 11:33 pm | Permalink

This is so lovely Becci. Joy bursting off the page!

20. Mahj