Weekend Wonderings

When Abi sent me this she said “if there was ever a gift for a girl who loves to read…!”.  One look at the subject line of her email, “Mr B’s Emporium of Reading“, and I was a goner.

Images from Mr B’s website

As the recipient of a Mr B’s Reading Spa voucher, you are “invited to visit our gorgeous shop in Bath for a one-on-one book chat in our sumptuous Bibliotherapy Room with one of the Mr B’s team over a mug of tea or coffee and a delicious slice of cake. Your bibliotherapist will then gather and introduce you to a tower of books specially selected to suit your reading tastes. Each Reading Spa voucher includes an amount to spend on books, so that you can pick your favourite recommendations and take them away with you.”

I swear, readers, I’ve gone weak at the knees at the thought of a bibliotherapist tending to my every reading need.  Can you imagine?

I want the above room in our new house, Mr K.  No, that is not an unreasonable request.

You just know there’ll be a deluge of AOW readers decending upon Bath in te New Year  to visit Mr B’s Emporium Of Reading, don’t you?

To whet your appetite, have a browse through their online store.  And they’ll order anything you an’t find.  Of course they will.  Because they love books.

See you in Bath, readers.  Bagsy the leather chair. And happy weekend.

Categories: Books, Weekend Wonderings, Written By Anna

1. Posted November 3, 2012 at 7:12 am | Permalink

Eek I have one of these lovely vouchers in my possession & am planning an after Christmas visit. Have you been yet? Do write a post about the books they suggested. Right today I shall ‘phone & book my visit. Happy Weekend Everyone.

2. Katielase
    Posted November 3, 2012 at 7:58 am | Permalink

*subtly emailing this to my husband, parents and all my friends so that someone buys me a voucher*

It’s like someone went in my head and pulled out my dreams and made them real in Bath.

3. Posted November 3, 2012 at 8:26 am | Permalink

Oh my good God that’s what I dream Heaven will be like. Pull up a chair with Grandma Doris in it and it actually would be!

4. Posted November 3, 2012 at 8:30 am | Permalink

I’m actually a bit beside myself with excitement over here. The more I think about it the better it gets!

5. Roz
    Posted November 3, 2012 at 9:22 am | Permalink

This is utterly amazing!!! But Bath is too far away…I fear the only solution is to quit my job and open such an establishment in Scotland! Van you imagine if your job was to introduce people to amazing books, I’m grinning at the thought :D xx

• Lara Blue
      Posted November 3, 2012 at 12:12 pm | Permalink

Roz, I’ll help you run it….:)

• Roz
        Posted November 3, 2012 at 3:11 pm | Permalink

Let’s do it!!

6. Roz
    Posted November 3, 2012 at 9:32 am | Permalink

Lordy I’ve just been on the website, it’s amazing. They also do a reading year where they do a consultation and then you get a book in the post each month. Santa is so getting me this!! x

• Posted November 3, 2012 at 10:41 am | Permalink

Ooooh! Reading year sounds amazing. I didn’t see that, off to investigate

7. Posted November 3, 2012 at 9:51 am | Permalink

Aha, I told you all we should have a meet up in the west country!
    This is now dream number 2. I still think the library from beauty and the best is a totally acceptable present request…
    Xx

• Katielase
      Posted November 3, 2012 at 3:17 pm | Permalink

I’ve been telling my husband since we got married that I’m waiting for that library as my wedding gift! Totally reasonable. I’ve now told him that in the interim, he can buy me a Reading Spa Day :-p

8. Posted November 3, 2012 at 11:13 am | Permalink

…I might be drooling a little bit. Now to “subtly” point this out to my husband…

9. Leeanne
    Posted November 3, 2012 at 12:00 pm | Permalink

Love it. I want one but bath is too far. Roz please open one up in Scotland. If I ever win the lottery I am building my own house with a turret and having a library in that. X

10. Lara Blue
    Posted November 3, 2012 at 12:11 pm | Permalink

AMAZING! That is all.

11. Alex
    Posted November 3, 2012 at 4:30 pm | Permalink

Eek, that sounds amazing! Do you think they’ll open a shop in Dubai if I ask really, really nicely?!

12. Mahj
    Posted November 3, 2012 at 7:11 pm | Permalink

Reading Spa Day’s are the FUTURE! This is utterly amazing and bookishly delicious!

xoxo

13. Posted November 3, 2012 at 7:31 pm | Permalink

This looks amazing! However, I would be remiss in my professional duties if I didn’t remind all you folks that though you might not get free tea and cake, your local local public library also has a bunch of people who would love to give you book recommendations!

14. Frances
    Posted November 4, 2012 at 11:20 am | Permalink

Well that’s Christmas presents for everyone in my family sorted for this year! And possibly birthdays, mother’s days, easters, christenings, weddings…

15. Posted November 5, 2012 at 8:50 am | Permalink

I wrote a massive comment on my phone on sat morning and then lost the whole thing! grrr.

Anyhow, I am SO pleased you have written about Mr B’s – it is quite literally my favourite place in the world. I only found out about it last christmas when my brother very generously gave me a voucher for a year of reading with Mr B’s. It is, and probably always will be, my favourite present ever. As I’m in NI and they’re in Bath I completed a long questionnaire about my reading habits and emailed it over to them, and each month a new book plops through my letterbox. Seeing what they’ve chosen is such a lovely surprise, made even better by the fact that the books are wrapped in brown paper and string with a wax seal on them (swooooon!!)

My Mum has also been for one of the book spas and I went along to be nosey and it was literally like heaven. Tea or coffee, cake, comfy chairs and a roaring fire while talking about books? What’s not to like?!! Oh and the staff are all LOVELY! Even better, the book choices are surprising, but yet perfect for the reader and we spent so much time afterwards saying ‘how have we never heard of that book?’

I’m already sad about my year of reading coming to an end next month, and have put it firmly at the top of my wish list for this year too – in fact I might just carry on doing that forever! x