Six Months

I know… six months already….where does time go? One minute I’m a tiny newborn, incapable of doing anything other than sleeping and looking cute, and here I am, eating my toast as I dictate this post to mum.

Speaking of toast, I’ve been eating all sorts, and I love it. It’s a pretty messy affair though.

Learning to eat means I get to sit in a high chair, which is pretty cool.

I’ve played with my pal Max quite a bit. I like to kiss him, but he doesn’t seem so keen. Mum says I need to learn to play hard to get.

I’ve been on holiday TWICE. That makes five holidays in six months – not bad going huh? The first one was to Thailand –  I had to make sure I packed all of my bags…

It was the first time I went on an aeroplane, which was pretty exciting…

…and it was the first time I got to paddle in the sea…

Which was also pretty great…

Then we went to a little island on the east coast of Malaysia. This is how I celebrated my six month birthday. Dad’s a bit worried that he may have set a precedent, and if I did this for my six month birthday, what will I expect for my one year birthday?

Image by Chloe Lodge

Image by Chloe Lodge

Mum’s friend Chloe took some pictures of Mum and I out by the pool. Mum says she must be good because she makes me look way more quiet and serene than I really am.

Image by Chloe Lodge

Image by Chloe Lodge

Image by Chloe Lodge

Talking of the pool, I’ve started to enjoy it much more recently – mainly because I’ve learnt how to splash and can get mum and dad really wet.

Not long after I last wrote to you I learnt to sit up on my own which makes playing with things MUCH easier.

I’ve also just started to try to crawl. At the moment I go backwards or just rock backwards and forwards, but I reckon by the next time I write to you I will have crawling sorted. In fact, I’m pretty active all round, and mum seems to be getting lots of sympathetic glances, and they say things like ‘mmmm….you’re going to have fun when she starts crawling’…and I’m like ‘I KNOW – WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!’.

All pictures are by my mum and dad unless they say otherwise…see you in a few months….

Ps I bet YOU can’t do this…

Categories: Any Other Baby, Becoming a Mother, Written By Clare

1. Posted June 12, 2012 at 1:07 pm | Permalink

Fess up Emilia, you’re saving your university fund by doing catalogue shots, aren’t you? Because you look like a model and so does your mum.
    Adorable.

2. Posted June 12, 2012 at 1:07 pm | Permalink

Agh I love Emmi’s posts. All of these pictures are stunning Clare! You somehow achieve the impossible and almost make me brooy.

• Posted June 12, 2012 at 1:08 pm | Permalink

See, I said almost, still can’t bring myself to type the whole word though.

3. Vivienne
    Posted June 12, 2012 at 1:12 pm | Permalink

Such a beautiful family…..you all glow with a soft fuzz of happy new babyness, so lovely to see

4. Vivienne
    Posted June 12, 2012 at 1:12 pm | Permalink

5. Steff
    Posted June 12, 2012 at 1:31 pm | Permalink

Wah! Not helping the “must resist the urge to have kids right this second and wait until we have a house” rule that G and I have going on…

Absolutely stunning! Happy 6 month birthday Emmi :) xx

• Bella
      Posted June 12, 2012 at 2:21 pm | Permalink

Not helping the let’s not have children yet as I have no job rule, Steff we might have to help each other through this….. Happy half birthday Emmi!!!

Clare, I owe you an email! And post! xx

• Posted June 12, 2012 at 3:22 pm | Permalink

Can we form a support group? I’m also in the Let’s Wait Until We Buy A House And Get An Actual Job And Generally Become A Bit More Grown Up And Stable camp. But I’m weakening…..

• Fee
          Posted June 12, 2012 at 3:57 pm | Permalink

I was in a very similar camp until a recent ‘suprise’ (read: heart stopping shock!) but I think I’m more ready than I thought (we’ll see!)…. and these gorgeous photos definitely push me towards SUPER excited!

• Steff
            Posted June 12, 2012 at 4:28 pm | Permalink

AAH Fee that’s exciting!!

It’s hard… harder than I thought it would be it has to be said.

• Posted June 12, 2012 at 4:38 pm | Permalink

Fee! That’s SO exciting! I just squeaked aloud in excitement. Lots of love and luck to you

• Posted June 12, 2012 at 4:42 pm | Permalink

ahhhh congrats Fee!

• Bella
            Posted June 12, 2012 at 5:06 pm | Permalink

Fee!! Congrats! Yay! Post on surprises? I think so! X

• Posted June 12, 2012 at 6:06 pm | Permalink

AOW SNEAKY ANNOUNCEMENT OF 2012 ALERT.

Yes, it’s that exciting. HUGE congrats, Fee…

• Fee
              Posted June 12, 2012 at 6:14 pm | Permalink

Hee! Thanks for all the lovely congratulations!

There is definitely a post in there entitled ‘A huge surprise when you have just left your job and are attempting to figure out what you want to do with your life’. Impeccable timing on my part as always – we are very excited though!

• Posted June 15, 2012 at 7:55 pm | Permalink

sounds familiar… and I have a three year old now… You’ll be absolutely fine!

Congratulations! x x x

• Clare
                  Posted June 18, 2012 at 2:01 pm | Permalink

I’ve somehow just seen this – Huge congrats Fee! Xx

6. Mahj
    Posted June 12, 2012 at 1:54 pm | Permalink

Good God. Just when I thought Emmi couldn’t get any cuter, I literally implode upon seeing her 6 month diary entry! Ack!

xoxo

7. Posted June 12, 2012 at 2:57 pm | Permalink

Emmi, you are beautiful. Seeing you grow up is a joy x

Ps. Do you remember what your mum looks like without a camera on her face?

8. Posted June 12, 2012 at 3:23 pm | Permalink

Emmi, you are the most adorable! As ever, the cheeks have made me go gooey. Also, most brilliant range of facial expressions on a baby ever.

You all look so very happy, it’s gorgeous

9. Esme
    Posted June 12, 2012 at 4:04 pm | Permalink

Gorgeous!

10. Posted June 12, 2012 at 4:31 pm | Permalink

I can put my foot in my mouth. I definitely don’t look that good doing it, though.

• Posted June 12, 2012 at 4:37 pm | Permalink

Can we see photographic evidence of this?

• Posted June 12, 2012 at 6:15 pm | Permalink

Me too anna but it’s not a good look, and only my right one for some reason!

• Posted June 15, 2012 at 8:46 pm | Permalink

Ha! I was just about to say the same thing!

She is far more adorable though!

11. Posted June 12, 2012 at 4:43 pm | Permalink

Love this. That’s all.

12. Posted June 12, 2012 at 7:45 pm | Permalink

Argh. Feet shot. LOVE.

13. Posted June 12, 2012 at 7:50 pm | Permalink

Am I the only person that is totally and utterly jealous of Emmi’s range of headwear?! She is a trendsetter for sure (and a total cutie!!) xx

14. Roz
    Posted June 12, 2012 at 10:54 pm | Permalink

Loving this post! Especially throne of daddy throwing you in the air and of the one with you and the giraffe – adorable chubby baby alert :D x

15. Roz
    Posted June 12, 2012 at 10:55 pm | Permalink

* no not throne, ‘the one’. Stupid autocorrect.

One Trackback

• By Money, Money, Money on June 28, 2012 at 1:00 pm

[...] not discussing the finer points of Emmi’s blossoming relationship, or talking about Any Other Party, I spend my days running around the city in fancy frocks and [...]