Any Other Photo Part The First: The Legal Bit {Katy and El Chico}

****before we kick off today’s INCREDIBLE, THRICE-AOP, just a heads up to keep an eye out on our Facebook Page today for pictures of Diana’s (bouncy castle Diana!) beautiful dress.  Yes, readers, we listened to your clamouring, and yes readers, it’s more beautiful than you could have imagined…****

Today we  have a real treat for you.  It’s not one, not two, but three Any Other Photos from Katy, lovely Katy who lives in Paraguay and had three weddings.  Three weddings deserves three AOPs, no?  So come back today at 10am and 1pm for parts two and three.  You’ll be glad you did.  They are glorious.  And I defy any of you not to be a teensy bit jealous of the wedding below…

Happy Friday, readers.  Over to you, Katy:

Ok, so this takes a bit of explaining.

We had three wedding ceremonies. The reason for this can be boiled down into three bullet points:

- We couldn’t legally get married in England because we don’t reside there and couldn’t spend the required amount of time in England before the wedding day due to work and exam commitments.

- I wanted our church ceremony to take place in my Parish for lots of reasons and we decided that the best place to have THE wedding was in my hometown in England with my whole family (and at the time of deciding some of his family was coming too!)

- His family could not come to THE wedding in the end and we therefore had a small celebration/reception in his hometown so that no-one felt left out and, well, – why not have one more fiesta!

Photo taken by a friend.  (I know.   I want that friend.)

The legal bit

The legal bit was done without telling ANY of our families and on our lunch breaks. We just rocked up to the registry office and signed the papers with some friends acting as witnesses. I didn’t even go to the hairdressers or anything! We signed, had a bit of banter, left the office with our friends and then went back to work. Legally married and with a twinkle in my eye. It was so simple it bordered on the mundane. I like this photo because it was a lovely moment. And it felt a little naughty to be getting married without telling anyone!

Categories: Any Other Photo

1. Gemma C-S
    Posted April 20, 2012 at 8:06 am | Permalink

See, when people yap on about ‘fresh faced beauty’, this is EXACTLY what they’re talking about. And you’re telling me there are TWO MORE photos like this? Que guay xx

• katy
      Posted April 20, 2012 at 2:33 pm | Permalink

Why, thank you very much! Im blushing!

2. Mahj
    Posted April 20, 2012 at 8:17 am | Permalink

Oh my holy good God. If this is how I feel about the first photo and write-up, how will I fare for the remaining 2?! Eeeps!

xoxo

Ps. Am so freakin excited to see Diana’s dress!

3. Posted April 20, 2012 at 8:24 am | Permalink

You LOOK like you’re up to something, haha! Beautiful, and full of love. Can’t wait for the next two!

• katy
      Posted April 20, 2012 at 2:36 pm | Permalink

We WERE up to something! I tell you I am addicted to that mild naughty feeling, like stealing biscuits from the biscuit tin and eating them at the bottom of the garden or letting the cat sleep on my bed even though Im not meant to etc etc…and it gets much worse after a few drinks! So, I love this photo because I feel a bit naughty everytime I see it!

4. Posted April 20, 2012 at 8:36 am | Permalink

Three-part AOP?! Best Friday Ever! :-D

I love this, the expression on your face is perfect, just exactly how I imagine feeling when “OH YEAH we’ve actually done it, YAAY!”

5. Posted April 20, 2012 at 8:50 am | Permalink

You definitely look like you just got away with something!!!

Three weddings definitely deserves three AOPs! Looking forward to the others!

6. Alex D
    Posted April 20, 2012 at 9:36 am | Permalink

LOVE that photo! Can’t wait to see the others. How pretty are you?! x

• katy
      Posted April 20, 2012 at 2:38 pm | Permalink

Oooh Im not very pretty really! But, thank you for thinking so!

7. Posted April 20, 2012 at 10:30 am | Permalink

I imagine you are saying ‘I knowwwwww!!’

Good for you and your sneaky secret lunchtime nuptials, that’s what I say. Bring on parts 2 and 3! X

One Trackback

• By Any Other Photo: Michael and Meredith on November 16, 2012 at 7:01 am

[...] on April 20, an Any Other Photo day (my favorite!), about Katy who had three ‘weddings’ – the legal bit, the wedding, and the fiesta. It really struck home and gave me encouragement, as M and I found [...]