Any Other Photo {Hats and Dunc}

Do you remember, way back when (Ok, last October), when I told you all how I was getting on in KL, and said that I’d met friends who I wished I’d met earlier because they should have been at our wedding? Well. Hatti and Dunc are two of those people. And actually, I’d take that one step further, and say that I wish I’d known them sooner, so that we could have gone to their wedding. I’m pretty sure you’re going to agree with me, and ALL wish you’d met them earlier once you’ve read this AOP, because this sounds like a wedding we all needed to go to.

Ok, so there are a number of flaws (and, as it turns out, a blurry floor) in this photo, but I adore it; there is no obvious sighting of a groom, but then I doubt you’d really recognise if there was as there’s not really an obvious sighting of anything, apart from a blurry bride doing the splits in her wedding dress, and some shapes that resemble incredible family and friends. I can still recognise them all as fuzzy blobs, which may say more about my drinking habits than anything else. Come to think of it, I had to choose between three photos for this post – and they were all blurry. So perhaps my friends and family, the ones holding the cameras for said photos, also enjoy a wee dram? I suppose they’d need to in order to fully partake in our ridiculous family gatherings. In a good way.

And so it wasn’t the blurred photo of my darling husband, unaware, entering the dance floor with a trademark spin, and the captured look of all the guests behind him, in shock, glee and horror(!), as they get a bear-(or bare, to be honest)–it-all flash of his bottom++ as his kilt flared up. And it wasn’t the stage-diving shot of me as I launched myself into the arms of my [apparently] trusted chums at 0430.

As it turns out, I chose this one. It has a story. A hugely heartfelt one. And so here it is.

My family are amazing. I have three gorgeous (and gregarious) brothers. My dear ma and pa brought us up to enjoy life, to be confident and happy. So we do that, on the whole. In addition we have a wonderful bond – and have done for as long as I can remember.

Our battles have only made that stronger; sadly we lost our dear ma ten years ago – and spent some years following fighting once more, this time leukaemia for my younger brother.

And so when we get the chance to shine, to laugh and to act the fool, we do. And we do it bloody well.

On the dance floor at our wedding, my dear pa and my bothers three (spelling not an error but a story for another day) led the most almighty dance-off! The moment captured here shows my entrance to the competition. The figures directly surrounding me with hands in the air are the bothers; Tom, George and Freddie, and my dear pa; PapaNorts. This is only one minute snapshot of a day of giggles, hilarity, love and ridiculousness with those I hold most dear. I wish I could share the whole album (video perhaps a step too far) because it makes me laugh out loud every time. There are some classics, I can tell you.

Oh, and needless to say, we won.

*I obviously have a bit of a dress thing going on at the moment. I was so disappointed that Hat’s uttterly divine dress wasn’t showcased in this AOP, that I asked her to send me more pics so that I can stick them up on Facebook for you to all ooooh and aaaahh at. You’re welcome.*

Categories: Any Other Photo, Uncategorized

1. Becca
    Posted April 27, 2012 at 7:03 am | Permalink

In my head I am now adding Hats to my best friend list (next to Jennifer Aniston’s personal trainer).

2. Posted April 27, 2012 at 8:13 am | Permalink

What makes a fabulous wedding even more fabulous? SUPERIOR HAMSTRING FLEXIBILITY.

Love it.

3. Mahj
    Posted April 27, 2012 at 8:29 am | Permalink

A bride. Doing the splits. Holy AOP Batman!

xoxo

• Posted April 27, 2012 at 9:31 am | Permalink

Mahj – that expression has just gone into the Oxford English Dictionary.

• Mahj
        Posted April 27, 2012 at 10:19 am | Permalink

Sweet! xoxo

4. Steff
    Posted April 27, 2012 at 8:50 am | Permalink

Video please!

Love it. I really enjoy seeing (albeit slightly blurry) people properly ENJOYING their wedding day, splits and everything :) fabulous story, excellently told.

*heads off to facebook to see if there are any dress pics up yet*

xx

• Clare
      Posted April 27, 2012 at 9:02 am | Permalink

Pics just gone up Steff – enjoy!

5. Peridot
    Posted April 27, 2012 at 9:20 am | Permalink

How lovely to have such a wonderful family. And such enviable flexibility!

6. Posted April 27, 2012 at 9:29 am | Permalink

Holy wowballs, that is incredible! LOVE IT.

Dance off at the next Any Other Party?! Possibly with an ambulance standing by in case any of us try to replicate this AOP?

• Posted April 27, 2012 at 9:35 am | Permalink

KL – I’ve spent the morning doing extreme lunges in preparation.

• Posted April 27, 2012 at 11:16 am | Permalink

I can just imagine us all limbering up on the tube on the way to AOP, in our sparkly dresses and killer heels.

• Clare
          Posted April 27, 2012 at 11:25 am | Permalink

I bagsy wearing a HE-UGE sash.

7. Posted April 27, 2012 at 9:30 am | Permalink

I love how I can’t see a ruddy thing in this picture except a bride who MAY be donig the splits and a whole host of they-could-be-men having the time of their lives and it’s STILL one of my top five AOPs ever.

8. Posted April 27, 2012 at 9:32 am | Permalink

Oh, bloody hell. I’m not joking I have got tears dripping off my face to this one. My favourite for definite.

I really want a Tom and a Freddie too now. What an awesome trio of brothers names!

Thank you for sharing your photo…. off to stallk your dress… x

9. Posted April 27, 2012 at 9:34 am | Permalink

The splits on your wedding day? I salute you!

10. Nicole
    Posted April 27, 2012 at 10:29 am | Permalink

Wow to the splits! I managed the limbo on my wedding day, the splits were just a step to far!

11. Posted April 27, 2012 at 11:37 am | Permalink

Love it. Love it. Love it.

That is all.