Any Other Photo {Rebecca and Sean}

I’m not going to say much about this Any Other Photo, because Rebecca’s write-up speaks for itself. What I will say though is that I am totally stealing the guest’s idea and doing this for every wedding I go to from now on. What a perfect present, and one that Rebecca will always remember. You guys are going to love this….

Four years on and this is still my favourite picture from our December wedding. The reason I love this picture so much is that it was given to us at our evening reception by one of our guests who had taken it earlier that morning as we first emerged from church as husband and wife.

When she presented it to us, it was the first time that I had seen myself as others had seen me that day – as a bride.

We had asked guests to bring in photographs of their own wedding to display so this photo was able to take pride of place in that display amongst those of our family and friends.

Although the picture was not taken with the skill of a professional photographer, nor does it show off my dress, hair or bouquet.  I still love it, maybe even more so than the professional ones, as every time I look at it it takes me back to that day as it reminds me of how I felt the first time that I saw it, and saw myself as a bride as well as the sheer happiness that I felt when I walked out of church on a cold December day as a wife.

Categories: Any Other Photo

1. Posted March 30, 2012 at 7:16 am | Permalink

Lovely.Lovely. Lovely. Some friends did something a little similar for us – a framed photo waiting for us on return from honeymoon. Typing this I’ve just realised that I’d meant to do it for a recent friends’s wedding & completely forgot. Oops! Happy Friday.

2. Sandra C
    Posted March 30, 2012 at 7:30 am | Permalink

That’s really lovely!! It’s great to know that it was your first photo as a couple, too. Great sentiment behind it.
    We have a similar photo taken by our venue immediatly after we’d signed the register, walking back downthe aisle. By the time we’d had the photos take, and gone to our wedding breakfast, the photo was there on the table. It was very touching.

3. Posted March 30, 2012 at 7:31 am | Permalink

That’s such a lovely idea. I remember getting notifications on my phone that people had uploaded photos to Facebook whilst we were on honeymoon- not quite as a romantic!!

4. Posted March 30, 2012 at 9:46 am | Permalink

That might have actually made me a bit teary.

5. Steff
    Posted March 30, 2012 at 10:07 am | Permalink

Awww such a lovely idea – and a happy, happy pic! x

6. Posted March 30, 2012 at 10:12 am | Permalink

This is such a happy picture and a lovely story, Rebecca. I love it.

PS. I’m trying to work out how I can logistically manage to do this for my friend’s wedding in a few weeks….

7. Posted March 30, 2012 at 10:52 am | Permalink

Aw this is so happy and lovely! What a wonderful idea :-D

8. Katy
    Posted March 30, 2012 at 1:07 pm | Permalink

Happy Happy Happy! I love getting pictures in frames rather than people posting them onto facebook or whatever. It makes it more real.

9. Posted March 30, 2012 at 9:46 pm | Permalink

Thank you for the lovely comments – I too am looking for the perfect logistical opportunity to do this for someone else!

10. Posted March 31, 2012 at 8:15 am | Permalink

I remember that exact same feeling when I saw the first facebook photo of me as a bride. So so strange but exciting (I sort of looked different to how I imagined as a wife, if that makes sense?) This is a lovely idea, I want to steal it for future friends’ nuptials…but I have to ask, did they miss any of the food to dash home and print this? Because that may be kind of an issue for me…