Weekend Wonderings

I don’t like films all that much.  Not compared to books.  Usually in a film I get confused and end up asking Mr K what just happened and can he rewind and it’s just not relaxing.  And films usually screw up books’ storylines.

We know of Team AOW’s love for The Hunger Games.  I really don’t want to love the film.  I was convinced they’d make Katniss sexy, and Hollywood-ise the hell out of what is a dark, complex and terrifying story.

But if this trailer is anything to go by?  They’ve done well.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw2f7XEPKHw]

Goosebumps, readers!

And just because I really love you, here’s my  guiltiest pleasure of them all.  I’ve been in love with Ryan Gosling for six years, which is a long time.  (Yes, it’s unrequited. At the moment).  My boundless love stems not because of his acting ability, not because of his looks, not because of his winning personality.  My love  stems from the fact that I’m fairly sure that I’d be in love with anyone who kisses like…well, like this:

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx2wmWpaDEM]

Especially in a Darfur t-shirt.

Happy weekend, readers.  Go find someone and do that.  I’m off to try not to break Mr K’s spine.

Categories: Weekend Wonderings, Written By Anna

1. Posted February 11, 2012 at 9:22 am | Permalink

He kisses with GUM in his MOUTH??? I don't care how doe-eyed and pretty he is, boy needs to learn some manners!

Yes I am aware that I sound like my mother.

The Hunger Games film has the potential to be awesome, I think. The book is already cinematic, so they'd have to be REALLY stupid to mess it up. Trailer looks good so fingers crossed….

2. Posted February 11, 2012 at 11:32 am | Permalink

Pensky, don't ruin my dream! I'm sure he wrapped up the gum and put it in a tissue, in his pocket en route to the stage. Yes. Go and jump on Sam like that, and stop being so observant!

3. Meryl
    Posted February 11, 2012 at 11:55 am | Permalink

I trust you have seen Crazy Stupid Love and fell off your chair like I did?

4. Posted February 11, 2012 at 1:26 pm | Permalink

I've been intrigued reading all the comments, tweets & love about The Hunger Games so thank you for posting the link. I now know a little more about it & am pretty sure it's not for me. *Phew three less books to add to my books I want to read list* Happy Weekend.

5. Roz
    Posted February 11, 2012 at 2:22 pm | Permalink

I can't see the Ryan clip!! The YouTube link has a big cross on it, I feel I may be missing out here. Cannot wait to see The Hunger Games :)

6. Posted February 11, 2012 at 3:11 pm | Permalink

Try this, Roz! Wouldn't want to deprive… x

7. Posted February 11, 2012 at 3:16 pm | Permalink

My mother would kill me for saying this, but I think a large percentage of the hotness is the GUM in the MOUTH. Sorry, P. Also, the hotness is in the stretching/warming up he does before the kiss and the way he beckons her to him…. ahem. I'm coming over all flushed. I need a cold shower.

The moment that Anna seized my laptop to show me 'the best thing on the Internet, ever' and produced that clip, was the moment I realised that she was the most.awesome.person.ever. But before I told her that, I did have to take the mickey, just a little.

I'm too excited about Hunger Games to even write about it. I cried at the bit in the trailer Gale carries Prim away…sob.

8. Roz
    Posted February 11, 2012 at 4:23 pm | Permalink

Oooofffttttt! Thanks for the link! Xx

9. amy
    Posted February 11, 2012 at 9:42 pm | Permalink

Too. Excited!

10. Posted February 12, 2012 at 6:01 pm | Permalink

I'm excited. Although I usually dislike films of books. And my biggest criticism of the HG series was that it read like she was thinking "they could make a film of this", which bugs me… I am still VERY EXCITED, because it looks EPIC!

11. Posted February 17, 2012 at 2:10 pm | Permalink

I've never got the Ryan Gosling thing before… until NOW! Phwoar! That is all I can say.