Any Other Photo {Carly and Karenna}

It’s very easy to declare, every Friday, ‘THIS is my FAVOURITE Any Other Photo. EVER!’ I think it’s a sign of how wonderful the series is, how it can make you smile, make you feel the love, make you giggle, make you cry. For every emotion, there is an AOP somewhere to match it and that’s why it’s so easy to have so many favourites!
This one is very special though. Two faces showing such joy and such deep love for one another. Not to mention the bluest sky I’ve ever seen and talk of a ‘Wedding Week’ on an island…perfection.
It’s not a picture of Carly and her husband (who knows, if AOP is still going in 2014 we may well have that shot too!) but we don’t care-no hard and fast rules when it comes to your AOP submissions ladies and gents-just one picture that sums up that amazing day for you.
Over to Carly…
I am the bridesmaid in this photo – taken on the wedding day of my beautiful best friend. I’ve sent this in as Karenna emigrated to Australia 10 days after this photo was taken, taking with her the most wonderful memories from a perfect wedding week on the Hebridean Island of Colonsay.

I adore this photo and I know that she does too. I have shed many a tear over it since she left as it reminds me of all the reasons why we are friends. I just WISH I could remember what on earth we were laughing at!!

I am recently engaged and we have set a date for 2014, ages away I know, but I’m not getting married without her beside me and we thought it only fair that they had plenty of notice!

(I really hope this can be printed in some shape or form as the Internet is our best form of communication and the tool that keeps our friendship going and it’s something she can appreciate just as much in Oz as I can in the UK.)*

*Glad we could help, Carly!

Categories: Any Other Photo

1. Posted January 20, 2012 at 10:54 am | Permalink

Oh Carly I love this! Weddings do really bring out for you your nearest and dearest and make you feel so happy for good friends. Awfully constructed sentance but you get the sentiment!

I hope Karenna can make it back for yours, and excited to hear about your plans too! x

2. Posted January 20, 2012 at 11:41 am | Permalink

This just so perfectly encapsulates being with your best friend. Beautiful and infectiously joyful!

3. Posted January 20, 2012 at 1:44 pm | Permalink

Gorgeous pic :) I wish you could remember what you were laughing at too because it looks hilarious! What a lovely idea, I hope Karenna sees it xx

4. Carly
    Posted January 20, 2012 at 2:32 pm | Permalink

Thanks you guys! She's seen it and cried lots according to her email. X

5. Posted January 20, 2012 at 4:08 pm | Permalink

Aww, this is lovely. What a perfect pic for a gloomy Friday. Btw, obvs not the point of the piece, but the neckline on that bride's gown is AMAZING.

6. Posted January 24, 2012 at 8:17 am | Permalink

I absolutely love this pic!x

One Trackback

• By The Friends That Made Me Me – Carly on May 29, 2012 at 7:01 am

[...] AOW readers will already know the love that I have for this girl. She was my saving grace at University and I often asked myself just why she was my friend. She is [...]