Biba Fever

First things first… Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! *Ahem* You’ll have to excuse as we’re a little bit over excited this morning. We discovered yesterday that we are in the latest issue of Brides Magazine as ‘The Best Emotional Wedding Blog’.

We are beyond thrilled to be recognised for what we do by one of the top magazines in the industry, and proud as hell that we’ve created something that other people see as worthy of recommending to other people. The more brides-to-be that we can get involved in this wonderful community that is you guys, the more we can help them in their wedding planning dilemmas.

We strongly suggest that you go out and purchase the magazine so that you can read all about what they think of us, as well as which other blogs made it in to the list. We also strongly suggest that you do this asap as otherwise all copies will have been sold to the three of us, as we plan to wallpaper our houses with them.

We’ve got some INCREDIBLE content coming up on AOW. The rest of the year (all 30-odd days of it!) will see some serious topics addressed; honesty, infidelity, family, babies(!) and so much more. By submitting your stories, by reading and commenting and supporting each other, you are helping to make AOW the place you want it to be.

As well as ‘the hard stuff’, many of you also said that you would love the occasional fashion/home/whimsy post. As one survey said, ‘it’s nice to be a bit frivolous every now and then-just to take the edge off.’ Quite right too.

And thank goodness you don’t mind the odd materialistic post, because HolyMoly I’m in love.

I am in love with Biba.

I’m in love with their accessories, their jeans, their jackets, their dresses. And OH. Their Bridal range. The beauty. Look…

Biba says that the dresses in the range have been inspired by the new generation of fashionistas-think Alexa Chung, Daisy Lowe, Georgia Jagger… (I know…Georgia Jagger is what…12? But she’s a baby Rolling Stone, so there.) My favourite dress above is the positively Arwen-esque long-sleeved ‘Alexa‘. So beautiful. The super-sweet short ‘Lily‘ is the perfect registry office dress and the slinky one-shouldered number  comes in silver and gold as well as the more bridal ‘nude’, so could be a stunning choice for bridesmaids at a winter wedding.

The sexy, slinky cross-fronted ‘Amber‘ is amazing. The asymmetric-hem and layers of embellished fabric give ‘Chloe‘ an air of Wuthering Heights and that thigh-high split… ‘Georgia‘ (yep, the 12 year old) demands attention. And a full-leg wax.

I think ‘Daisy‘ is my absolute favourite. I’ve got a thing about fringing and even though I don’t ‘do’ strapless, the 20′s waist and delicious pleated skirt make my tummy go all squirmy. Having seen her in person, I can confirm that Daisy is to.die.for. The straps and detail on the bust of ‘Zoe‘ make it a sweet and pretty alternative to a classic strapless and the short and frothy ‘Lily’ from the top picture also comes in an elegant and Audrey-like full length-beautiful.

Sadly, I have no need for a Biba Bridal number. Pfft. The rest of the range, however….

Categories: Frippery, Wedding Pretty

1. mahj
    Posted November 29, 2011 at 9:22 am | Permalink

You know, I can't think of a more apt way of describing this blog. Congrats AOW ladies, its so well deserved. Also, I totes thought you meant Justin Bieber when I saw the title of the post! I am obviously relieved that it meant pretty dresses and not a prepubescent boy child!

xoxo

2. Posted November 29, 2011 at 10:19 am | Permalink

Clare, what do you mean we "plan" to wallpaper our hourse with Brides magazine Jan/Feb edition? I've already done it. And made a bedding set, and a table runner. And a welcome mat.

Aisling, next time I see you, I demand you be wearing Daisy. You'd look insanely good in that. Don't worry about it looking strange, I'll be wearing Lily. No-one will bat an eyelid, it's London.

3. Posted November 29, 2011 at 10:33 am | Permalink

Obviously I meant wallpapered my house. Not my horse. Wallpapering a horse is animal cruelty, and we are pro animal rights here on AOW.

4. Posted November 29, 2011 at 10:41 am | Permalink

I love a bit of Biba – the Alexa makes me weep a little.

I'm totes heading to Smiths at lunchtime to track the mag down.

5. Posted November 29, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Permalink

Lily is my favourite too, Anna K. And it's £595 which I think is pretty good for such a beauty! Rewind two and a half years and I would be queuing up to buy it…

I love a bit of frivolous, especially when it's written by Team AOW.

As I said on Twitter – well done, ladies! Brides magazine clearly have taste.

X

6. Posted November 29, 2011 at 2:59 pm | Permalink

I love Biba, always have (my grandma started the addiction) always will. But… I LOVE AOW more, and I think it is BRILLIANT that you guys have had this recognition. Wonderful. I did a little victory dance at my desk when I read it. YAY.

7. Posted November 29, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Permalink

Just emailed my sister, Alexa is so her wedding dress!! Thanks lovelies!! xx

P.S Congratulations!!!

One Trackback

• By How not to coast and associated ramblings. on January 12, 2013 at 8:18 pm

[...] year fun?  We made friends.  We built a business.  We got mentions in Elle and in Brides Magazine.  We had a baby.  (Admittedly, Clare did most of the work on the latter, but that won’t [...]