Any Other Photo {Cate and Seb}

Oh, I am a sucker for this photograph. The love, the elation, the sheer delight on Cate and Seb’s faces. The formality of a cathedral, the informality of flip-flops and sunglasses. I love Cate’s explanation for why they were in front of Exeter Cathedral in the first place, and how this photograph proves that the best marrieds are very often the best of friends.

It’s Friday…if you need another reason to smile…this is it.

Over to Cate:

“This photo was taken without any planning, and I completely love it.
Seb and I got married at 11 in the morning and by this point we were really giddy on love, happiness and champagne! We were back in Exeter, standing on the Cathedral green and pretending we had got married in the Cathedral. A friend of ours captured the moment when Seb wrapped my dress around him, and I love it because it captures the very essence of our relationship together, which is fun and happiness. Seb had just had to replace his button hole because we had spent the whole day hugging family and friends, and his real one had been completely crushed. I love the fact you can just glimpse our flip-flops and Seb has his sunglasses on his head. It captures how relaxed the whole day was, and sums up how we never take ourselves too seriously.
Seb is my best friend and we’ve been through so much already in our time together. It sounds corny but hey, love is; I love him now more than I ever have and can’t wait for the next adventure to unfold with him!”
Categories: Any Other Photo

1. Posted August 19, 2011 at 8:26 am | Permalink

Gorgeous! I'm a fan of the groom getting involved with the bride's outfit. And we had an early wedding too… fabulous for making a brilliant day just a teeny bit longer, and inadvertently a true test of booze tolerance and stamina!

2. Posted August 19, 2011 at 9:37 am | Permalink

I love this! It's great to see the happiness radiating off Cate and Seb.
    (I went to Exeter Uni, so I have a bit of a soft spot for the cathedral green, too.)
    xx

3. Posted August 19, 2011 at 9:39 am | Permalink

The only complaint I've ever had about avidly reading AOW is the constant sensation of being out-cooled by lots of the photos that grace these pages. This photo is a case in point, as is pretty much every photo of Aisling. I love the flip-flops and the sunnies – fingers crossed for a sunny Friday!

4. Frankie
    Posted August 19, 2011 at 11:14 am | Permalink

This is BEAUTIFUL. Love it.

Your laugh reminds me of how I was on my wedding day – me and hubby are always joking around and our wedding day was no exception – I kept collapsing into giggles like you are doing in this pic!

What a photo for you to cherish – lovely!

5. Posted August 19, 2011 at 12:19 pm | Permalink

Gorgeous pic! That's what it's all about.

6. Cate
    Posted August 19, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Permalink

Awww thanks everyone for your comments. It really was the best day, and I feel like I spent every second giggling :)

7. Fee
    Posted August 19, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Permalink

Sunny, bright and smiley – how lovely!

8. Posted August 19, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Permalink

Now I am grumpy that Bean didn't play with my dress!

9. Posted August 19, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Permalink

Ah so lovely! Me & my boy met in exmouth and graduated in that their cathedral! Would love a shot of us outside pretending we got married there!!! Big up westcountry brides :)

10. Meryl
    Posted August 19, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Permalink

Aw this made me smile, gorgeous!

11. Posted August 19, 2011 at 7:32 pm | Permalink

I love this SO much, I get an achey face when I look at it for too long from all the smiling! You two are so unbelievably cute, I can't take it!

I love Exeter Cathedral, Phil
    Is from Exeter and we would always joke that we'd get married there. Sigh.

And Gemma, good lord lady. I think I might love you.

X

12. Cate
    Posted August 20, 2011 at 11:20 am | Permalink

Abi – too right big up the westcountry brides!! Thanks everyone else for your lovely words. They make me smile on this rainy Saturday!