Help!

On Saturday I’m going to a wedding. MmmHmm….THAT wedding. To quote the awesome Angie, ‘Holy Shitballs!’ I’m so excited to be sharing in Fliss and The Man’s day-it’ll be the first wedding we’ve been to since our own and I can’t wait to see another couple as gosh-darn happy as we were 5 months ago.

However. There is a problem. What on earth do I wear?! I know, no-one is going to be looking at me and Fliss’ bespoke beauty of a wedding gown is THE only dress that is going to matter on Saturday (seriously-wetting myself at the thought of it!) but I still like to look nice and thanks to a crappy couple of weeks, I am relishing the thought of putting on a pretty dress and having a lovely evening.

This is where you delicious lot come in…I’m down to three possibilities and I’m putting them out there for you to decide for me. I’m trying to avoid buying a new dress, we’re saving (attempting to-I hate saving!) for our delayed honeymoon next summer…but if anyone has any suggestions as to where the perfect dress is hiding, I could be convinced! Hmm…this may be why I’m so very bad at saving those pennies…

Without further ado, the shocking quality iPhone pic of Dress #1

•     Teal petticoat
  •     Hot pink shoes
Dress #2

•       Black platform courts
  •       Black bolero
Dress #3
  •       Pewter lace/crochet cardi
  •       Gold flats
All thoughts welcome, I fear my brain may melt if I have to look at these dresses anymore…
Thank you in advance ladies! Oh and I apologise ma-hoo-sively for my horribly mis-matched hangers. I don’t know why but I imagine that all you perfect girlies have beautiful, colour-coordinated, padded hanger-ised wardrobes…please tell me this isn’t the case?!
Categories: Frippery

1. Posted November 3, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Permalink

Number Two! Perfect match for the season and the event, I feel.

Actually, yeah, all of my hangers are wooden and match perfectly. It doesn't help that all of my clothes are spread across the spare bed though…

2. Posted November 3, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Permalink

Number two, definitely – Becca's right that it really is perfect for the season. And I LOVE the colour.
    I don't have matching hangers – they're all a combination of rather rubbish plastic ones and generic IKEA ones.
    Eeek – exciting! Can't wait to hear about it – and hope this means that we'll get a sneak peek before Fliss comes back from honeymoon??

3. Posted November 3, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Permalink

Think I prefer 2 altho 1 is lovely too!

I dont have matching hangers at all; quite a few come from morrisons dry cleaning!

4. Posted November 3, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Permalink

Number 2 without a doubt Mrs!

5. Posted November 3, 2010 at 4:02 pm | Permalink

Oh i'm totally feeling dress 1. That will confuse things. Dress 2 would be my second choice!

6. Posted November 3, 2010 at 8:22 pm | Permalink

Dress 2 has the edge it would seem…also, importantly, it has a V neck which means I can wear my sooperdooper-sheepdog-wedding-dress-bra for that lil extra confidence boost!
    Dress 2 it is…Claire, we're staying in the area for the weekend so maybe Mr Alsopp now has to take me for a lovely lunch on Sunday so I can wear Dress 1?! Sans petticoat methinks….

You ladies rock!

x

7. Roz
    Posted November 3, 2010 at 10:32 pm | Permalink

Dress number 2, i'd made my mind up before I even saw dress number 3! Glad to read you already picked it ;0)

8. Posted November 4, 2010 at 1:03 am | Permalink

holy shitballs! i love you! haha! thanks for the love!

and i'm also going to go with #2. love the detail just below the bust.

9. Posted November 4, 2010 at 6:50 am | Permalink

Number two!! Number two!!

10. Posted November 4, 2010 at 5:06 pm | Permalink

I really like number 2 but I like the idea of the teal petticoat and pink shoes as that sounds more fun. Both good choices I think just depends whether you want to be sultry or cheeky ;)