A strange place to be….

Via here
I am smack bang in the middle of a really strange time.
My emotions veer wildly from one extreme to another.
I am excited – I get to be married to my forever man in two weeks and one day and about 5 hours time. Not that I’m counting.
I am nervous – Because oh GOD everyone will be looking at me. And him. But definitely there will be some looking at me.
I am overwhelmed – We have so many things to do between now and 6th November. So, so many.
I am in awe – at the love and support that we’ve received from our friends and family as the day draws closer.
I am a little bit sad – This is the last time I will get to feel this strange mix of emotions.
Which all lead to me being a little bit of a fruit loop right now.
I am bubbling with joy, and squeals, and dreaming of confetti moments one minute, and with no warning, the next minute will be bawling my eyes out about the fact that we just HAVESOMUCHTODO. This will be swiftly followed by a moment of deep sadness that in three weeks time, this day, where everyone I love most in the world will be together, for us, will be gone. And THEN, I just want to be there – getting married to my man, and for it all to be over with.
I know. Crazy.
So bear with me.
Oh and tell me – this is normal yes?
Categories: Wedding Planning

1. Posted October 22, 2010 at 8:18 am | Permalink

100% normal, my dear! The main thing now is to make sure you keep up with the so-called quality time with your beloved – just the two of you, no TV, no computers, no wedding chat. The next few weeks will fly by! xx

2. Posted October 22, 2010 at 8:49 am | Permalink

Completely normal! Never fear, Fliss xx

3. Posted October 22, 2010 at 9:13 am | Permalink

Completely, completely normal….completely terrifying but wonderful too!

4. Posted October 22, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Permalink

I am feeling all of those things too. And it makes me feel terrible when I get the "sad," because I feel like an unappreciative jerk. But it's a lot of pressure to know that this is the only time you get to do all of these fun (albeit stressful) wedding-related things.

Two weeks!

5. Anna K
    Posted October 22, 2010 at 4:33 pm | Permalink

I was an emotional trainwreck in the run-up to my weddng, Fliss, and now I wish I'd just let some of the worries that were plaguing me go. Because I read about other people's serene pre-wedding periods when they were floating around, sleeping well, focused only on the good stuff and I wish I'd just Let. It. Go.

Hindsight – such a wonderful thing, eh?

One thing I would advise is taking a couple of days out (yes you do have the time to do this) and doing something totally non-wedding related. We watched the entire series 7 of "24" back to back on the weekend before W-day.

It saved me.

And post wedding, believe me, you will LOVE being able to do stuff that doesn't revolve around colour schemes and hair accessories. The day itself makes every second of emotional rollercoaster worth it, I swear, and the life together afterwards makes the whole thing, yes, even W-day, pale into comparison x

6. Posted October 22, 2010 at 8:12 pm | Permalink

Whilst you are totally 'not normal' in the bestest possible way-you're too special-you are feeling quite normal given the circumstances.

The most important-though seemingly impossible-thing is, as Anna said, to take time out to have 'non-wedding' time. Maybe on the flight home?

Enjoy these last moments my love, I promise you that afterwards is just as special!

x

7. Posted October 22, 2010 at 10:52 pm | Permalink

completely normal :)

the two weeks before our wedding i was a mess – laughing and crying and being so happy and then sad. it's a high stress time filled with excitement and love. so it's natural. be excited and enjoy it!