Grey is the new baby pink.

So, it has occurred to me that, SOMEHOW, I have bridesmaid’s dresses that are ‘on trend’. This was never part of the plan (I have never been, and never will be, ‘on trend’, even when I’ve wanted to be), but my two girls and I both saw this dress, and loved it immediately, and they both particularly loved that they can wear it again.
If you don’t like it, please don’t tell me – I’d rather carry on believing that I’m cool. Please thanks.
It now appears that grey is THE colour this year, and when you add in a bow or some ruffles, damn it, you are pretty wondrously cool.
And just because I’m nice like that, out of the goodness of my heart, I spent an hour or so browsing through all of my favourite shops on line to find some more grey ruffly bits for you to  look at. I’m nice yes?
First up, the ‘I love you but you’re WAY out of my league, particularly as I have more than one bridemsaid’ dresses….
This lovely grey ruffle dress is Fendhi – via Net-A-Porter

And this silk crepe asymetric beauty is by Issa also via Net-a-Porter

Next up, the ‘I’ll only have to sell one kidney to buy all of my bridesmaids these’ dresses…..

This lovely ruffley pretty one is Camilla and Marc via Net-a-Porter

This little lovely is DKNY via Harvey Nics – I think this could be my favourite….

And last but not least, the ‘wow, at this price I’ll take five’ dresses….

The lovely one shoulder number is from Red Herring

Loving this little piece of cool from Oasis

What do you think? Any one else going for a little bit of grey on the day?

Categories: Frippery, Wedding Planning, Wedding Pretty

1. Posted August 24, 2010 at 8:27 am | Permalink

Great great dress choice… what else will your BM's be wearing?

2. Posted August 24, 2010 at 8:46 am | Permalink

I want my girls in grey with super bright shoes and flowers, but it's taking some convincing them. Will forward them this post! Thanks Fliss!

3. Posted August 24, 2010 at 9:22 am | Permalink

Nayso – grey and brights will look amazing!

I love grey (especially the Issa dress *drool*)- but I'm still in a quandry over the colour of my bms dresses

4. Posted August 24, 2010 at 9:43 am | Permalink

Loving the grey, Fliss – and the dress your BMs are wearing is gorgeous! They're going to look fabulous!

5. Posted August 24, 2010 at 10:42 am | Permalink

A girl after my own heart!

It's like you are reading my mind again!!

6. Posted August 24, 2010 at 10:53 am | Permalink

@ Joan Hunter Dunn – the girls are wearing the dress right at the top of the post…They're from Ted Baker, and are now in the sale (half price). I paid full price #budgetfail

@ Nayso – PLEASE have them in Grey and Brights! Oh pretty pretty please?!

@ anna and the ring – did you not know that I sneak into your brain evernight and download all of your bloggy ideas? Damn, now you've caught me I'm going to have to come uo with my own content….

7. Posted August 24, 2010 at 11:22 am | Permalink

Well Fliss I did the complete opposite when I got married many years ago I went for duck egg blue and put my bridesmaid's in cream with flowers on the straps so I say WOW how incredibly sophisticated this colour will be it has a kind of Hollywood glamor feel to it. :)

8. Posted August 24, 2010 at 11:34 am | Permalink

such a lovely blog post, feeling all inspired now!

9. Posted August 24, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Permalink

I chose grey dress for my bridesmaid almost a year ago and everyone thought I was mad but now I'm bang on trend.
    Bridesmaid shall be wearing hot pink shoes with her dress, gorgeous!

10. Posted August 24, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Permalink

I too love the DNKY dress – gorgeous! And the dress you've picked for your bms is stunning.

I'm trying hard not to look at the more expensive ones ;) xx

11. smileb
    Posted September 7, 2010 at 6:57 pm | Permalink

Oh I'm so excited! I am having Charcoal grey for my Decemebr wedding – I didn't realsie it was 'in.' Just founf the blog and I am loving it!

One Trackback

• By Oh My….. on February 29, 2012 at 12:33 am

[...] don’t think I need to really explain my love for this dress. I am known for my love of Grey.Check. Ruffles. Check. Fishtail/mermaid style. Check. Sash. Check. Swishyness. Check. I mean, [...]